Child/Minor US Passport

Same Day can assist in obtaining a child/minor US Passport. To apply for a child/minor US passport, an appearance by both parents and the minor at a Passport Acceptance Facility is required and a mandatory step of your passport order. If only one parent can appear, then a Special Circumstances DS-3053 form must be completed and notarized along with the copy of missing parent’s ID.

Once you visit our office, and have all the documents listed below, you must take them with you and appear in person at a Passport Acceptance Facility, and get a sealed package. When making your appearance, you will pay a Government Fee of $140 and a separate execution fee of $25. Make sure to have a personal check, cashiers check or money order made payable to the, “US Department of State” in the amount of $140 with you. The $25 execution fee can be paid by debit card or cash. They will put all of your documents including your check and original documents in a sealed package and hand it back to you.  This sealed package needs to be dropped at our office to start the process.

Special notes regarding a Passport for a Minor:

  • Applicants must be below 16 years of age
  • All children including newborns must have their own passport

Please remember the child’s Social Security Number (SSN), if they ever had one.

How to Apply

Please note:
  • Do not sign the application until instructed to do so.
  • You must provide a Social Security number, if you have been issued one, in accordance with 22 U.S.C. 2714a and 22 C.F.R 51.60(f).

You must submit one of the following. Your evidence must be an original or certified copy. Photocopies and notarized copies are not acceptable.

  • Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (may be expired)
  • U.S. birth certificate that meets the following requirements:
    • Issued by the city, county, or state of birth
    • Lists your full name, date of birth, and place of birth
    • Lists your parent(s)’ full names
    • Has the date filed with registrar’s office (must be within one year of birth)
    • Has the registrar’s signature
    • Has the seal of the issuing authority
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Certificate of Citizenship

If you cannot submit one of the above acceptable documents, or for more information, please see Citizenship Evidence.

To order a certified copy of your birth certificate, visit VitalChek.

If you have ever had a US Passport and currently do not have proof of US citizenship, please request a file search.

Parent(s) must present one of the following identification documents (IDs).

  • Fully-valid U.S. driver’s license
  • Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (may be expired)
  • Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
  • Government employee ID (city, county, state or federal)
  • U.S. military ID or military dependent ID
  • Valid foreign passport
  • Matricula Consular (Mexican Consular Identification, commonly used by the parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant)
If you cannot present one of the IDs above, or for more information, please see Identification.
  • If a passport has been previously issued, please bring it along.
  • You must submit your current undamaged passport.
  • The expired passport will be returned to you along with the new passport.

Letter of Authorization will be issued when you come in person. If you are not coming into our office and doing it by mail, click here. (Note: Leave Courier Company Name blank.)

If you have a copy of your flight itinerary or ticket, please include it.

If you do not have a travel itinerary or a ticket, please inform us.

  • Passport photo services available at our offices.
  • Must be 2″x2″ on a white background.
  • Photo must not be older than one month.

Passport Fees & Processing Times

Government Expedite Fees must be paid by cashiers check or money order, payable to “US Department of State”.

Service Fees
First Time Passport $190.00 + $35.00 Execution Fee
Passport Renewal $190.00
Lost/Stolen/Mutilated Passport $190.00 + $35.00 Execution Fee
Child / Minor (Under 16) $160.00 + $35.00 Execution Fee
Second Passport $190.00
Limited Validity $190.00
Passport Card without passport book (Adult) $90.00
Passport Card with passport book (Adult) $190.00 +$30.00
Passport Card without passport book (Child) $75.00
Passport Card with passport book (child) $160.00 + $15.00
Name Change (Less than 1 year since passport was issued) $60.00
Name Change (More than 1 year since passport was issued) $190.00

Emergency Replacement Passport dependent upon application type.

  • Limited Validity Replacement Passport dependent upon application type.
  • Sameday Passport visa offers clients the ability to pay everything by debit card, cash or check and we will obtain the money order for an additional fee of $10.00.

Total Fees

Government Fees + Sameday Passport Expedite Fees + Return FedEx Shipping Fees = Total Fees

Due to Covid-19 the US Dept of State is not operating as normal.  Please call our office for pricing and processing time.

Total Fees

Government Fees + Sameday Passport Expedite Fees + Return FedEx Shipping Fees = Total Fees

Optional Service.  We only return passports using FedEx.

Service Fees
Priority Overnight Delivery $29.00
First Overnight (8:30 AM) $69.00
Saturday Delivery $42.00
  • You can include a prepaid return air bill in which case you will not be charged.
  • You can provide a FedEx account number and we will generate the air bill – an additional fee of $5 will be charged to your work order.

Total Fees

Government Fees + Sameday Passport Expedite Fees + Return FedEx Shipping Fees = Total Fees

Visit Us
Temporarily Closed

New Location Soon

Call Us
(312) 228-1089
(312) 730-0204

Email Us