To obtain a New Passport or a First Time Passport you must meet the following requirement:
- You must be applying for the first time.
- The previous passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
- The previous passport was issued when you were under the age of 16.
If your passport is damaged or lost, you must apply for a new passport.
An appearance in person at a Passport Acceptance Facility is required and a mandatory step of your passport order. After gathering the documents listed below you must take them with you and appear in person at a Passport Acceptance Facility, and get a sealed package.
When making your appearance, you will pay a Government Fee of $170 and a separate execution fee of $25. Make sure to have a cashiers check or money order made payable to the, “US Department of State” in the amount of $170 with you. The $25 execution fee can be paid by debit card or cash.
They will put all of your documents including your check and original documents in a sealed package and hand it back to you. This sealed package needs to be dropped at our office to start the process.Complete Online Application (DS-11)
- Must be completed online, it cannot be handwritten.
- Must be printed on single sheets of paper; double sided printing is not allowed.
- Must not sign the application until instructed to do so in-person by the Acceptance Agent.
Proof of US Citizenship
To obtain a new passport or a first time passport, you must provide an original or a certified copy of one of the following:
- Certified birth certificate (long form, not abstract).
- Consulate Report of Birth Abroad Certificate.
- Naturalization Certificate.
- The long form birth certificates must be issued by city, county, or state of birth, lists bearer’s full name, date of birth and place of birth, lists parent(s) full names, has date filed with registrar’s office (must be within one year of birth), has registrar’s signature and has embossed, impressed, or multicolored seal of registrar.
- If you do not meet the requirements view Secondary Evidence of US Citizenship.
- To order a Certified Copy of your birth certificate, click here.
- If you have ever had a US Passport and currently do not have proof of US citizenship, please request for a file search. Click here to request for a file search.
Proof of Identification
To obtain a new passport or a first time passport, please provide the original of one of the following:
- Valid Drivers License.
- Valid State or Government Identification.
- Valid Military Identification.
- If you cannot submit primary identification, please see secondary identification.
- If you have undergone or are going through gender transition, see additional requirements.
Letter of Authorization will be issued when you come in person. If you are not coming into our office and doing it by mail, click here. (Note: Leave Courier Company Name blank.)
- If you have a copy of your flight itinerary or ticket, please include it.
- If you do not have a travel itinerary or a ticket, it’s okay.
One Passport Photo
- Passport photo services available at our offices.
- Must be 2″x2″ on a white background.
- Photo must not be older than one month.
If you are processing your new passport or first time passport application with us via mail, please fill out the service order form and send it along with the documents.